If you would like to get involved by providing much needed food for our bags, you will find a list below of the most common items we need. Please, no glass containers.
Suggested donation items:
- canned chicken or tuna
- canned vegetables, fruits, and soups
- canned ravioli, spaghetti, etc.
- pasta and pasta with a can of tomato sauce (no beef or pork in sauce)
- macaroni and cheese
- individual cereal, oatmeal, or grits (instant and regular)
- peanut butter and crackers
- granola, fruit, or healthy bars
Each bag of food contains two simple meals for a family of four, snacks, and breakfast items for the child. Sample meals include:
Box of macaroni and cheese, can of vegetables, granola or fruit bar, small can of chicken or tuna (meat can be mixed with macaroni for a healthy meal with protein), bag of rice, jar of peanut butter, and a bag of cookies.
Package of spaghetti or pasta with one can of sauce (no beef or pork in sauce), a can or two of vegetables, plastic jar of jelly, crackers, a can or 4-pack of individual serving fruit, plus a bag or box of cookies and snack items for children.
Collection points for food donations:
300 NC 68 South
Greensboro, NC 27409 (in the rear of the Church on 68 in Greensboro)
208 West Wendover Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27401